Mental Fitness: How to be a Bawse - Week 4

Date
Nov 05, 2017 13:00 - 15:00 AWST
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, Lakeside Joondalup S/C, E023/420 Joondalup Dr, Joondalup WA 6027, Australia

My aim is to raise awareness about mental illnesses, and the importance of caring for your mental health. Mental health care can be expensive, draining, and daunting. So I hope to remove those issues, along with the stigma of having a mental illness, and provide help for anyone, regardless of an illness or not. I want to provide this in a social and warm setting so that we can all make friends, and improve ourselves along the way. This is not a counselling session, but an opportunity to learn about how to support your own mental health and well-being. Come to one or all sessions, up to you! 

Week 4: Be Fabulous. Be the Bawse.

Discover the power of having strong values. This means finding out what you are grateful for, and why expressing that gratitude is so important. Learn how to not just coexist with other people, but how to positively impact them and enjoy their company. Learn how to navigate uncomfortable and sticky situations that may tempt you to act poorly. A true Bawse knows that compassion, love and kindness should never be taken for granted.

BAWSE \'baús\ n: a person who exudes confidence, hustles relentlessly, reaches goals and smiles genuinely because he or she has fought through it all and made it out the other side.

- Lilly Singh

What should you expect?

• PEOPLE: Expect to make some friends. All anyone wants in this world is to know that they aren't alone, right? 

Expect to meet people going through the same thing as you.

Expect to meet people who just want to be the best they can be, and expect to meet people who just want to meet some new people for a coffee.

• COFFEE, LOVE AND WARM DRINKS

The cafe is usually fairly quiet, which will be pleasant for meetings. Oh, and bonus! They do wonderful hot chocolates! 

• TOOLS AND SKILLS TO BE A BAWSE

To be a Bawse is a process, and there's a lot involved. The real secret to being a Bawse is to never give up.

Saturday 28 October

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Max Brenner, Joondalup

Cost: Mainly free, with food and coffee can vary. A gold coin donation would be greatly appreciated to cover the cost of resources and printing, but not necessary.